As with every project we do, each website we design and make is bespoke and made to suit your requirements. We hand code each part of your website and we never use clumsy WYSIWYG HTML editors that produce bloated and non-compliant code. We can read and write all the code we use so if things need to be changed or upgraded in the future you won't be lumbered with a team that can't handle the coding they produce.
The Benefits of Our Web Design
- Have a web presence you are proud to show the world
- The ability to engage your visitors, not just inform them
- Make your business idea available to anyone from anywhere
We create high quality websites and pride ourselves on the fact that we produce custom work every time. We start with a blank canvas and build your vision for your site from scratch, we don't come within a square mile of off the shelf templates.
There is a great deal that can be done with a website and web technology is marching ahead ever faster. Modern websites are light-years away from their counter parts of 10 years ago when the net was young. Today websites are a lot, lot more than simple information pages with contact details. The internet of today is a lot more sophisticated and engaging, and every good designer worth their salt works hard to give their clients the best of the cutting edge technologies available.
Websites are a fundamental element of any successful modern business, the impression it gives greatly influences the opinion others have of you and/or your organisation.
Step 1: Web Design
In most cases web design is the first step in the creation of a website. A designer will essentially draw, using a computer program, the layout, style, feel and basically the physical appearance of your website. The primary objective is to create a design that looks good.
People who visit your site will judge it the second they hit it, based solely on how it looks. So if your site does not look good, the chances are some people will not give it a second thought before moving on.
Generally once most web designers reach the stage of having created a great design their job is done, feet up, have a cup of tea. With us we've only just got started, sure the design looks stunning but if your visitors can't figure out how to use your site it's a pointless exercise. Websites need certain things if they are going to perform the job you have in mind for them in the way you'd like them to, including:
- A design that clearly shows what you or your company are all about
- Navigation that works well and doesn't confuse
- Easy and enjoyable to read text
- Contact details prominent and easy to get to
- Uncomplicated, straight forward sales pages
- Pages not swamped with pointless data
As straight forward as it sounds, it's astounding how many websites do not encompass the all above elements even though they may appear amazing.
Ever been on a great looking website, but spent an age trying to find the contact page, in some cases it may be intentional but most the time it's down to poor design.
Step 2: Web Development
There are two stages of web development and in the web creation trade they are usually know as front-end development and back-end development.
Front-end development is what turns the designs into a working web site, or at least the part of the website that the user sees.
Back-end development is the, sometimes, complex programming step of building websites that runs the parts of websites users don't see, things like databases, data processing scripts and so forth.
Step 2a: Front-end Development
Step one of the front-end development is to take the designs of the website and turn them into HTML and CSS files.
At Samyoul Ltd we hand write every web page from a completely blank document all the way to completion, unfortunately most web developers don't. The larger portion of "web developers" know a lot less than they should about the actual codes that run underneath the web pages they produce.
How is that possible? Because most will simply use WYSIWYG software to turn the design of your website into HTML. WYSIWYG programs whilst ok for school projects and quick personal pages, produce very unprofessional websites, suffering from the following major issues:
- Limited repertoire of HTML and CSS, causing limited functionality
- Sloppy and burgeoning code, slowing down loading speeds
- Very SEO unfriendly (ie not ranking highly in Google)
- Utilising outdated and depreciated coding methods
- A ridged HTML structure that inhibits scalabity
- Riddled with coding errors, causing cross browser issues
In contrast as a result of the careful attention that we give to every page we code, websites hand written by Samyoul Web Design benefit from many pluses:
- They are keyword-rich and built so search engines understand what your site is about.
- Our code is clean & simple, meaning our sites are easy to manage and update
- They use scaleable HTML, so the content can be resized to suit the user without effecting the sites flow
- Written in compliance with strict XHTML, meaning the coding is a good as it gets
- They are compatible with all screen resolutions
- They are checked and run on all five major web browsers, to ensure maximum user reach
Think about it if all these web design/development guys aren't getting the basics right that's not the only thing that they'll be messing up.
After the website has been coded into HTML we incorporate the functionality and ascetic add-ons, such as drop down menus, contact page setup, graphic animations and lightboxes.
Step 2b: Back-end Development
After we've finished with the front end development it's time to sort out the back end stuff. As we've already discussed this is the part of the web creation that doesn't get seen but is what makes your website work.